108.9 Acres Jackson County IL Recreational Property with Home 2214L
Jackson County|109 Acres|$700,000|Pomona IL
One-of-a-Kind Property with Home Adjoining Shawnee National Forest
Truly a unique and one-of-a-kind property!! 108.9 SURVEYED acres adjoining the Shawnee National Forest with access to up to 16,000+/- acres. Beautiful spacious cedar-sided home with bay windows and a 360 degree deck facing nothing but untamed forest. Full unfinished basement with 9 foot ceilings. Lots of possibilities with the basement. High efficiency propane furnace with a secondary high efficiency outdoor wood burning furnace for the home. Everything about this property has "meticulously" been done right.
The 3,600 sf fully climatized commercial workshop/garage can house all the toys. When it's 20 or 100 outside, you can work in comfort. See the specs below.
The property is on a dead end road. Wolf Creek meanders through the middle of the property. Obviously, the hunting is parallel to none. This is a hunter/outdoorsman's dream. Seclusion and luxury in one package.
In the 12 years I've been selling rural real estate, I have seen very few of these types of properties and very few come up for sale. The property's location is only 5 miles from Cedar Lake boat ramp, 12 miles from schools (District 186 Murphysboro), a hospital and markets. 15 miles to Southern Illinois University and a few minutes from Southern Illinois' best wineries.
This property has great business potential as well; corporate hunting retreat, winery, B&B all come to mind.
See Survey and Timber Appraisal links below as well as additional document links.
With respect of the owner: This property will be shown by appointment only. A minimum 48-hour notice and pre-approval letter from a financial institution required prior to showing. No exceptions.
- Address: 284 Black Pond Road, Pomona IL
- Price: $700,000
- Parcel #17-25-200-006-0020, 17-25-200-005-0020, 17-25-200-002-0021, 17-25-200-004-0010
- Taxes: $4,800
- Section 25, Township 10, Range 3
- Home: 2 beds, 2 baths, 2140 sf
- Whitetail and turkey hunting
- 3 outbuildings: finished climatized stick-built pole barn garage - 3600 sf
- Building site
- Development potential
- Well water
- 10.8 fenced acres
- 14+- pasture acres
- Food plots
- Marketable timber
- 108.9 surveyed acres adjoining Shawnee National Forest with access to approximately 16,000 acres
- Hunter's dream property!
- 5 miles from Cedar Lake boat ramp
- Minutes from all of Southern Illinois' best wineries
- Commercial 3600 sf climatized garage, two 200 amp electrical boxes, extra thick slab for fork lift usage, two 16x10 ft garage doors, electrical junction boxes in the floor, 60 ft fabric duct work with high efficiency propane furnace, propane tank stays, bathroom, 12x18 ft tool room/workshop, 2x6 ft walls, 6 inch bat insulation, exhaust fan. (This garage would cost well over $150,000 to build in today's market.)
- Property Flyer
- Aerial Map
- Soil, Topo Maps
- Home Dimensions
- Home, Barn, Land Specs
- Marketable Timber Appraisal
284 Black Pond Road, Pomona, IL