LAND AUCTION – Jefferson County IL 209+- Acres
Jefferson County|SALE: Sat, Aug 26 / 209 Acres|Mt. Vernon IL
LAND AUCTION: Jefferson County IL 209.12+- Acres
SALE DATE: Saturday, August 26, 2017
TIME AND PLACE: 10 a.m. at Farm Credit Services (410 Potomac Blvd, Mt. Vernon IL)
Directions for Farm Credit Services: From Rt. 15 and I-57 / I-64, travel west to the first light then go north on Potomac. Farm Credit is about 1 mile and is across from the Lone Star Steak House .
OPEN HOUSE / INSPECTION DATE: Saturday, August 19, 9 to 11 a.m. (Agent on Tract 1)
CROPLAND / RECREATIONAL LAND / BUILDING SITES
209.12+- Acres - Offered in 5 Tracts - The Former McCauley Dairy Farm
The Property has Endless Possibilities! Close to town, good farmland, good hunting land, nice building sites and 1 mile North of the airport. Rural setting yet just minutes away from school and city life and in a great neighborhood! Summerville School District.
This farm has been in the same family for over 100 years...the time to buy it is when it’s for sale!
From the intersection of IL Route 15 and I-57 / I-64, travel east on Rt. 15 approximately 3 ½ miles to the “Y” of Rt. 15 and East Fairfield Road. Take East Fairfield Road approximately 1 mile to McCauley Lane; go north to where you will find Tract 1 on the right side (East) continue and you will run into Tract 3. Follow McCauley Lane around to the intersection of McCauley and East Green Road. Turn right (East) and Tract 4 will be on the right (South). For Tract 5 stay on East Fairfield Road until you reach Memory Lane (1st road after McCauley Lane). Go North on Memory Lane and it will dead end at Tract 5. Tract 2 is located behind Tract 1 down an existing grass farm road.
Tract 1: 41.24± acres nearly all excellent cropland. Frontage on McCauley Lane. Great size of all tillable land to add to any size operation. There will be a 30’ easement to Tract 2 down an existing farm road.
Tract 2: 102.95± acres with approx. 82± acres of cropland and approx. 15± acres of woodland, balance farm roads and waterways. This is primarily a farming tract, however it is also a heck of a hunting patch with some good income. Access is via a 30’ easement down an existing farm road off McCauley Lane.
Tract 3: 27.11± acres with 23.5± acres tillable. Excellent frontage on McCauley Lane. Nice building spot or a good addition to any farm operation.
Tract 4: 24.16± acres with approx. 7± acres tillable. This would make several excellent home sites or a great little hunting patch. Access from McCauley Lane and Green Road.
Tract 5: 13.66± acres with approx. 7± acres tillable land. Fabulous home site with room for horses and a nice pond. Deer in the backyard with the school just a few blocks away. Located at the north end of Memory Lane.
REAL ESTATE LAND AUCTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Buy A Farm Land & Auction Company, its agents or representatives work exclusively for the seller.
- PROCEDURE: The property will be offered in 5 individual tracts, any combination of tracts, or as a total unit. The open bid on all tracts and combinations during the auction are determined by the Auctioneer. Bids on tracts, tract combinations and the total property may compete.
- DOWN PAYMENT: 10% down payment on the day of the auction with the balance in cash or certified check at closing. The down payment may be made in the form of cash, cashier’s check, personal check or corporate check. Your bidding is not conditional upon financing so be sure you have made arrangements prior to bidding.
- ACCEPTANCE OF BID PRICES: Successful bidder(s) will be required to enter into a purchase agreement at the auction site immediately following the close of the auction. All bid prices are subject to the Seller’s acceptance or rejection.
- EVIDENCE OF TITLE: Sellers shall provide an owner’s title insurance policy in the amount of the purchase price.
- DEED: Sellers shall provide Warranty Deed or equivalent.
- CLOSING: The balance of the real estate purchase price is due at closing which will take place within 40 days after auction subject to title work but expected on or before October 2nd, 2017.
- POSSESSION: At closing subject to 2017 crop rights and crop removal. Seller to retain 2017 crop rents. Farm will be available to farm in 2018.
- REAL ESTATE TAXES: Seller to pay 2016 installment due and payable 2017. The 2017 taxes due in 2018 will be paid by the Sellers based on the 2016 tax bill as a credit at closing.
- ACREAGE / SURVEY: All boundary lines are approximate and have been estimated based on the legal description prior to the completion of the survey. A survey is being completed and the cost of the survey will be paid 50% by Seller and 50% by the buyer(s). The buyer’s proration will be based on the number of acres purchased. Closing prices will NOT be adjusted to reflect any differences between advertised and surveyed acreages. You are buying by the tract. We hope the survey will be completed prior to auction day.
- EASEMENTS: Sale of the property is subject to all easements of record.
- MINERAL RIGHTS: The sellers shall retain 50% of the mineral rights owned by the Seller for the period of 20 years.
- DISCLAIMER AND ABSENCE OF WARRANTIES: All information contained in this brochure and all related materials are subject to the Terms and Conditions outlined in the Purchase Agreement. The property is being sold on “AS IS, WHERE IS” basis, and no warranty or representation, either express \ the property is made by the seller or the auction company. Each potential bidder is responsible for conducting his or her own independent inspections, investigations, inquiries and due diligence concerning the property. The information contained in this brochure is subject to verification and to use caution by all parties relying on it. No liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed by the Sellers or the Auction Company. Conduct of the auction and increments of bidding are at the direction and discretion of the Auctioneer. Sellers and Selling Agents reserve the right to preclude any person from bidding if there is any question as the person’s credentials, fitness, etc. All decisions of the Auctioneer are final .
- ANY ANNOUNCEMENTS MADE THE DAY OF THE SALE TAKE PRECEDENCE OVER PRINTED MATERIAL OR ANY OTHER ORAL STATEMENTS MADE. AUCTION COMPANY OR OWNER NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ACCIDENTS.
- Sale Flyer
- Soils Maps for All Tracts
- FSA Maps for All Tracts
- GIS Map of Tract 5
- Survey Map of Tract 5
- Legal Description by Tract
McCauley Lane, Mt. Vernon, IL