156+- Acres Hardin County IL Recreational Hunt Property 2323L
Hardin County| 156 Acres| $352,800| Elizabethtown IL
Recreational and Hunt Property with Potential Income
Here in southern Illinois there is scenic land for sale that is in the heart of deer country. There is land with timber that hasn’t been cut for over for 30 years or more. Land combined with timber and tillable to provide an additional income along with recreational use. Land with good frontage access along highways and possibly a cabin thrown in for good measure. But it’s a rare find that has all of above plus a navigable waterway that leads to the Ohio River approximately ½ mile from this property.
This property is 1 mile West of Elizabethtown on historic highway Route 146 in Hardin County; the area is commonly called the Illinois Ozarks. The land consists of 156+- acres and owned by the current owner for 50 years. The southern border has half mile of frontage on Route 146. The northern border is a county road, and what makes this property unique is the eastern border, a waterway called Big Creek that connects to the Ohio River. Now Big Creek isn’t exactly a creek; it’s more like a river. It sure is a lot wider and deeper than any creek I’ve known. And I’m told it’s pretty good fishing. From the property to the Ohio River is approximately a half to three-quarter of a mile, depending on whether you’re riding on a crow’s back or small watercraft meandering down the scenic tree-lined waterway to the Ohio.
It’s well known by hunters across the state that Hardin and Pope County has a lot of big deer and pretty decent turkey hunting too. This property, as you can see by the photos, has big timber on the eastern half, 30+ acres of open fields near midpoint of property that was last farmed in 2013 and smaller tree growth towards the western border that was once pasture land years ago.
The cabin is located on Route 146. It has not been lived in for 10 years. It has electric, city water, septic system and a 1000 gallon propane tank that stays with the property. A metal roof has been put on the cabin within the last 5 years. Even though the cabin is not considered livable at present, it would not take much effort to turn it into a suitable hunting cabin.
A unique piece of property at an affordable price…..
- Address: 1 mile West of Elizabethtown on Route 146 (north side of 146)
- Reduced Price: $352,800 /
List Price: $358,800
- Parcel #: 06-81-147-02-000 and 06-81-157-05-000
- Taxes: $593 (2017 payable 2018)
- Section 28, T12S-R8E
- Plenty of deer and turkey hunting (good deer camp)
- Cabin on highway Route 146 (not lived in for 10 years)
- Building site
- 40 tillable acres (last farmed 2013, soybeans)
- Marketable timber
- East boundary is Big Creek that connects to Ohio River.
- Property is half a mile from Ohio River (navigable by smaller watercraft from property to Ohio River)
- Fishing on Big Creek
- Sportsman paradise
- Access to Ohio River
- Verbal hunting lease (2018)
- Frontage along Route 146 (a county road borders North boundary, Big Creek borders East boundary)
Route 146, Elizabethtown, IL