30+- Acres Randolph County IL Home Barn Hunt Property 2284L
Randolph County|30 Acres|$329,000|Chester IL
2007 Custom-Built 3-Bed 2-Bath Home and Barn + Excellent Hunting
This property literally has everything one would ask for to live comfortable in a secluded rural setting. The home is situated on 30 surveyed acres with views of open fields and wooded areas in every direction. A private drive lined with trees leads you into a prairie-like meadow where a custom-built home and barn is surprisingly nestled in a natural setting.
The home with nearly 1700 sq. ft. is built with amenities normally not found in most homes. This house was custom built for the current owners in 2007. Some of the mechanical features are geothermal heating and cooling, a 4000 gallon cistern with whole house water filtration and a reverse osmosis water system, an air filtration septic system and full basement with 9-foot concrete walls. The basement is already plumbed for an addition bathroom. There are 2 accesses to the basement, an open staircase from the upstairs foyer area and a stairwell from the garage.
A country kitchen with an abundance of cabinets opens into a hardwood-floored great room featuring a stone fireplace with a built-in forced-air heat chamber. The great room flows onto a spacious outdoor patio. The stone paved patio has a custom fire pit, a built-in grill and deck integrated above-ground pool that looks beyond the grassland to the south and into the timber where wildlife is abundant.
There are 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. The master bedroom’s bath has both a bathtub and separate enclosed shower. There is also a large walk-in closet. The master bedroom is the only room in the house with carpet, all other rooms are either tile or wood flooring.
The barn/shop measures 30 x 48 x 10 with an additional 10-foot lean-to / porch area.
Within the 30+ acres, there is approximately 16 acres of timber area and 14 acres of income producing CRP ground. There is excellent deer and turkey hunting on this land; the owner and his son have harvested some large bucks. This place has it all….it’s a perfect opportunity if you are looking for a beautiful secluded location with a modern home and plenty of custom amenities.
Directions: Route 150 South from Steeleville approximately 4.5 miles towards Chester. Turn left at Bremen onto Chester Rd. Take first left onto Wine Hill Rd. Approximately 1 mile turn right onto Holcomb Rd. Go 1 mile. Property’s private drive on right---signed.
Property can be viewed by appointment only
- Address: 3738 Holcomb Road, Chester IL 62233
- List Price: $329,000
- Parcel #0800401800 - 0801501500
- Real Estate Taxes: $3,160
- Section 11, T7S-R6W
- Home: 3 beds, 2 baths, 1674 sq. ft.
- Outbuilding: 30 x 48 x 10 barn with 10-ft porch
- CRP income: $1580 / 2 tracts / contracts expire 2020 and 2022 / 14 acres
- GEO thermal heating and cooling
- Whole house water filtration system with reverse osmosis
- 16+- acres wooded offering great whitetail deer and turkey hunting
- Secluded with modern home with everything you would want to live comfortable
- Full basement with 9-foot walls, staircase to upstairs foyer and stairwell leading to garage
- Air filtration septic system
- Outdoor living area with fire pit, BBQ grill and above-ground pool integrated with stone pavers and well designed wooden deck
3738 Holcomb Road, Chester, IL 62233